Monday, January 10, 2011

The Shack

Have you read The Shack by William P. Young? If you haven't, you should!

I read it for the first time not long after the twins were born, but I'm in the middle of it again.

The first 3 or 4 chapters are difficult to get through. Especially if you have a daughter. I felt sick to my stomach while I was reading it, and would dread picking up my book again. But what blessings await you once you get past it!!!

I have to admit that I've always had a pretty vague picture of what God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are like. I've always thought of God as a loving, but mean man, Jesus as a humble man, and the Holy Spirit just freaked me out. I didn't know what to think about that! ha! I always thought of God as being in control of everything, Jesus as the one who gave His life, and the Holy Spirit as floating around somewhere. I never really thought of them as described in this book. What a difference!

When you start reading the book, you will probably be skeptical. I know I was. It had been recommended to me by my Mom. I honestly thought, "What is this mess that Mom gave me to read?!" But if you have patience - and an open mind - I think you will see the blessings that can come from this book! If you read it, I would love to know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. I agree. It was really hard to get started, but I think that it is so worth it. It was a beautiful book even though there were some very grime times in it. I love thinking about talking to "Papa". I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete