Sunday, January 9, 2011

Neglected...

If my blog had feelings, I'm sure it would definitely feel neglected. I've been super busy, just like all of you! We had a great Thanksgiving with Will's family. Unfortunately, Seth got sick during the night Thursday night/Friday morning. So our weekend of festivities was cut short! But we enjoyed our big meal together, and some games. I went shopping all night with some friends from church and their family. My sister-in-law, Amy went along. We had a fantastic time, and I got a Shark steam mop on sale for $40!!!! I love it - best $40 I've ever spent!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The month of December was crazy, as usual. It was a lot of fun, we had something going on every weekend. We had a lot of fun decorating cookies at our friends, Don and Heather's house. There were several kids there, and they really enjoyed pouring sugar all over Heather's kitchen - ha. Here's a couple of pictures from that:


This pic makes me laugh every time. Haven dumped an entire thing of sprinkles on her cookie. It looks like Heather's blaming Daniel for it. I looked up and saw what happened and was shocked. LOL
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We had a wonderful Christmas with my family. Way too much delicious food, games, giggles and presents! Meredith got this amazing doll house, and pretty much everything to go with it:
How cool is it that it came with boy and girl twins?!

Seth got Thomas the Train tracks and several engines, a caboose, and some bridges. It's so cool!

This isn't the exact set he got, but you'll get the idea of how cool it is! :)

Thomas
I got this beautiful watch from my parents:
I've always loved the Toy watches, and this is really similar of those. I was thrilled!!! :) Will got me this necklace that I've been wanting. I can't find the picture of the exact necklace I got, but it's the same as this, but with Romans 8:28 on it. This is the one I got my sister:
Our friend, Kate, makes these necklaces and sells them. All proceeds go towards their adoption. You should check out her shop on here on Etsy.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Speaking of cool things to buy online, another friend of mine, Jessie, makes necklaces, personalized frames, several different religious items...lots of cool stuff! You should definitely check her Etsy shop out too!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We had a lot of fun on New Years Eve. We went to Don and Linda's and stayed until midnight. My mom, sister and brother-in-law came too. My Dad was going to come, but he ended up getting sick while in TN.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We've all been sick and fighting colds for a while now. We can't seem to get over it! Right after Christmas, I totally lost my voice. I was miserable. I got a little better for a while, but I'm sick again. Ugh. Meredith has a really bad cold. It's settled in her eyes. Poor girlie, her eyes are really irritated and has mucus coming out of her tear ducts (gross, I know!). Seth isn't as bad, but he sounds pretty croupy. Will is sick too. Fun, fun! We're a coughing, sneezing, snotty family! haha
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Today, it started snowing! We decided to go on to church, with the intention of coming home right after. But we ended up staying and eating lunch, then heading home. We have about an hour drive, it took us nearly 2 to get home. Here's what the roads looked like on our way home:
And here's outside our house:
I'm so thankful for my nice, warm house and the fact that we have plenty of food to eat. I was thinking about my Uncle Gary today. When he was homeless and weather would come through like this, it was nearly impossible to find a warm place to stay and food to eat. I'm really praying for the homeless tonight.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'll try to get back into my Tasty Tuesday posts, and just blogging more often. Be safe if you have to get out on any roads like ours are here!!!

Please go order from my Scentsy Party by January 22!!! Click here and then click to order from Amy & Nicole's Party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment