Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This and That!

Not much exciting has been going on in our household lately! Potty training has been the highlight of the last month. Meredith is doing pretty good with it, if I make her sit on the potty chair. She doesn't want to stop playing long enough to go...she'd still just as soon go in her panties. But she always gets so excited when she does go potty in the potty chair.

We've been working with Seth and Meredith on learning to pray, memorizing a verse, and singing a few songs. They love it! At dinner time, Will will get them to repeat the prayer after him. Now, we'll all hold hands in a circle and Meredith usually says "Say God!" They are learning Ephesians 6:1-3 right now. They can both say "Children obey your parents" without much help. After that, they do really good repeating after us. They love to sing songs, and Meredith knows just about every word to "Jesus Loves Me". We are also working on "This Is The Day".

Our good friends had a baby last Saturday! He's a super handsome little chunky monkey! His name is Aiden, and he weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz!!!! I am going to keep him when his Momma goes back to work. I am looking forward to spending 2 or 3 days a week with that sweet angel! Meredith is already in love with him! We were getting ready to leave the other day and she said "Go see Aiden?" 
Aiden

We went shopping the other day, and I snapped the following picture with my cell phone. It's not the greatest quality picture, but I love it! The twins LOVE to go to Wal-Mart, and they LOVE to help push the cart. We get lots of looks and giggles from people when we are in Wal-Mart. I mean, how cute is that!!! :)

Walking outside of Wal-Mart
Here are a few pictures from church. A couple of weeks ago, some good friends of ours from Texas were in for a visit. We had 5 two year olds at church that day! So Amber took a few pictures of them!

Abby, Meredith, Seth, Daniel & Haven

My beautiful kids!

Meredith & Seth

I love the sound of my children's laughter!
Today for lunch, I made grilled cheese and tomato soup. I've never met a 2 year old who likes tomato soup...until my daughter! She LOVES it!

Turn it up and drink soup!


Such a pretty smile!

Lick that bowl clean!


Handsome boy!
Other than that, we had a random trip to my parents house a couple of weeks ago. Will had to go up that way for work, so we left Monday night and came home Tuesday afternoon. It was fast and crazy, but lots of fun! I enjoyed getting to spend a little time with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. I got to go see my sister's house now that she lives out there. She's working very hard making it into a beautiful home! I'm so proud of her! :)

We've had a couple of family game nights with Will's family. "The Game of Things" is a hilariously fun game that will have you rolling. We will have to do it again soon!

Still no showings on our house. I'm trying to be patient and know that God is in control. I'm just getting tired of living in "limbo".

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics! That's a lot of 2 yo in one spot! LOL
    How did you get the words in the wwhite with the pics? That's cool!
    I knew we'd enjoy that game, when I got it. I just wish we'd had the opportunity to have played it back then! Think of all the fun we missed out on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put a picture in to be on the blog, there's a little box that comes up that you can change the size, etc of the picture. Click on where it says "add caption", that's how to get the caption on all the pictures. I don't know how much sense that makes, since it's late and I'm tired, but maybe you can figure out what I'm trying to say...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cahnge the size all the time, but had never noticed the caption one! Huh! LOL Thanks!

    ReplyDelete