Thursday, March 24, 2011

Long time, No post...

I haven't posted in a while, simply because I haven't felt like it. A few weeks ago, on a Friday night (not long after I posted about being pregnant), I ended up in the ER for severe abdominal pain. Come to find out it was a cyst on my ovary. While we were there, they decided to do an ultrasound. The baby was only measuring 4 weeks, when I should have been 7. I was put on bedrest for the weekend. The following Monday, I went to see my Dr. He had them do another ultrasound and the baby hadn't grown at all. We knew then that the baby was dead. So it was a waiting game...every other day I would go in to get my hCG and progesterone levels checked. The day after, I would get the results that my levels were rising, just not high enough for a healthy pregnancy. It is an understatement to say it was a roller coaster ride.

Because my numbers kept rising, we were worried about an ectopic pregnancy. It's pretty rare to have a fetus in the uterus as well as in the tubes, but it can happen... Needless to say, I was a basket case. Finally, this past Saturday, the miscarriage process actually started. It was terrible!!! So incredibly painful!!! I went back to the Dr on Monday, but my numbers weren't dropping!? So yesterday we went back again. I was in bad pain and terrified at the thought of an ectopic pregnancy. So, besides getting my levels checked again yesterday, I talked to a Dr. All seemed well. Then I got home and had some problems...my pain got worse. I called the Dr again and he said that it was probably just from my body trying to finish the miscarriage. But to be on the safe side, for me to take it easy for a couple of days...rest and drink plenty of water. I'm feeling better now. Still in pain, but feeling some better.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the prayers, visits, food, and cards that I have received through this long last few weeks. :) You have been simply wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment