Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Blog Name? hehe

I may have to come up with a new name for this blog. We're no longer going to have DOUBLE blessings...we're going to have double blessings + one!!! Yes! We found out this past Sunday that we are having another baby! (or babies, as people like to tease...hehe) We are super excited!

We decided a few months ago that we wanted another baby, but I honestly didn't expect it to happen very quickly. We waited a full year before we were pregnant with the twins, then nearly as fast as we found out, we lost the baby. But very quickly we found out we were having the twins! It was a long wait, followed by a whirlwind of emotions! This time it was a short wait followed by extreme happiness & excitement and the worst sickness I've ever experienced! But my dear friend tells me that morning sickness means a healthy baby. I sure hope that's right! If that's the case, this baby shouldn't be sick at all until they are at least 10 years old...lol

I wasn't all that sick with the twins...or at least I don't remember being. (Does anyone else suffer from pregnancy amnesia? LOL) But, like my hubby reminded me, I was preggo...not preggo with 2 year old twins running around. So I could nap if I wanted and do what I needed to do to feel better. This time, I have 2 precious little toots running around that need to be cared for. :)

Whoever decided to call it MORNING sickness had to have been a guy. He couldn't have known what it was really like. I'm experiencing it 24/7. My wonderful Doctor called me in some medicine that's helping. Problem is, you have to dissolve it in your mouth...and it tastes NASTY! But if it helps, I'll try to get past the taste.

We decided to tell the twins about the baby. I know a lot of people wait. But I'm glad we didn't. I've been so sick the last few days, and it's nice to explain to them why Momma's just laying on the couch. They aren't used to that and get very concerned. Meredith seems to understand. When I tell Seth that there is a baby in my belly, he uses it as an invitation to tickle my belly...lol I think Meredith is going to be a natural big sister. She already helps so much with Aiden (the baby that I keep 1-3 days a week) and never gets jealous when I'm holding him instead of her. Seth's going to take a little more work. He loves Aiden and loves to help me with him, but when he wants to "cuddle me", he expects Aiden to just leave so he can have his Momma! Seth still wants to be my baby. And I love it, and will enjoy it. But we're also going to work on his independance.

We're working on names. We have a girl's name picked out Gabriella Renee, I'll call her Ella some too, since Gabriella is such a long name. Will hated the idea of calling her Gabby, since he says that sounds like she just gabs everything all over the place. lol But I love Ella. :) Renee is Will's cousin, Lisa's middle name. He and Lisa have always been close, and since the twins have special middle names (William and Nicole), we wanted to follow that with special middle name(s) for any future siblings. We know we want to use James for a boy's middle name. That's my Daddy's middle name. We have a few first names picked out, but we haven't narrowed it down yet. We don't really have the same taste in names, so to find one we both like is hard. Like with the twins, Meredith was a name I LOVED, Seth was ok, but not on my top 10 list. Will LOVED Seth, and only liked Meredith. Now, I can't imagine them being anything but Meredith and Seth. :) So, we've just got to find a boy's name that we both agree on. Once they're named, it will fit and we won't be able to imagine them as anything else! :)

Well, that's our news!!! I'm off to find this baby something to eat! :)

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this!!! You are so right about who must have named Morning Sickness. :p Mine was 24-7. Hopefully yours doesn't last as long as mine did. Phenergan helped with mine, but it made me really sleepy (which is not something I needed help with being!!) .... I finally had to take Zofran. It's used for cancer patients during chemo, for the nausea. It worked. If you get too desperate, ask for that!

    I love love love Gabriella Renee. =) I just had a photo shoot with a little girl named Ella. They call her Ella Bella. So cute! Good luck on the boy name! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber - Zofran is what they gave me. :) A friend of mine who is an RN said that more and more doctors are giving Zofran instead of Phenegran because it has fewer side effects. It's definitely helped me! I've been calling it my Magic Beans LOL

    ReplyDelete